Today is

» FanFics



[Chapter 8]


For the two weeks, Landon and Madison spend their lives with each other, but of course when Landon isn’t practicing and when Madison isn’t working with the Earthquakes. Time seems to fly and Landon and Madison are finally connecting, being open and honest with each other, and getting to know each other for who they are. But Madison’s uneasiness has kept her mind busy. Her flight back to Massachusetts is five days away.

“Need help packing,” asks Landon.

“No, not really. Almost done though,” says Madison, “Can we talk?”

“Madison, we can always talk. You don’t have to ask,” smiles Landon.

“What’s going to happen? I mean I’m leaving in a few days,” asks a concerned Madison.

“With us?” asks Landon.

“Well yeah. We’ve connected even more over the summer. I feel so close to you. But I’m leaving in a few days to continue my life at Umass. I guess what I’m trying to say is, long distance relationships are hard and I will feel extremely bad for putting you in a position where you’re kind of obligated, wrong word, but you know what I mean, to this relationship. I don’t want to lose our friendship, but our life goes on. You’re friendship is very important to me and I don’t want you missing out on life. I’m in the east coast and you’re in the west coast. We won’t be spending much time together after school breaks,” says Madison.

“I would be lying if I said that I didn’t think about what you were just saying. You are a strong person, we are both stronger people when we are together, and knowing that I’m with you is more than enough. We are connected, in our minds and in our heart. You are the only one who understands me, puts up with my crazy habits. Don’t assume that I’ll be missing out on life because of the long distance relationship. I’ll be missing out on a great girl, if we go our separate ways,” smiles Landon, as Madison becomes all teary-eyed.

“That’s more than what I wanted to know. I’m falling in love with you Landon and I don’t want things to end and this long distance relationship will work,” says a teary-eyed Madison.

Dear Diary,

I’m leaving Redlands. I’ve had the best summer in a long time. I’ve never felt so stable, so settled down in my entire life. I’m entering my sophomore year of college and I’ve never been so optimistic and positive about the future. Landon has taught me a lot about myself that I didn’t know. I’ve also gotten to know him better, now that he’s all grown up. I will never forget the memories we shared when we were little, but I will also treasure the memories we’ve had together this past summer. I love Landon, in that we have a normal relationship. I can talk to him about anything. We have our conflicts, but we always work things out. We just connect so well. Not to mention he’s a good kisser, but that’s not the only reason. For the past few days, Landon and I have been talking about us, about me, about Landon. We’ve hung out with the team, his friends, and family. It’s been great, to have that stability, that I’ve never experienced since leaving Redlands. My flight leaves tomorrow.

--Madison

[Feedback] . [Chapter 9]