Today is

» FanFics



[Chapter 2]


During the summer of 2002, Madison goes back to Redlands for the first time in three years to spend some time with Landon. It became apparent to the two that both of them have changed as a person through the years. Madison rooms with Landon and the two found themselves having late night conversations about everything from food to sports to life in general. Everything seemed to go well until the doorbell rings.

“I’ll get it,” Landon goes to open the door, “Hey Jamie, this is really not a good time.”

Madison walks to the door, looking puzzled as to why Landon was kicking Jamie out, “Who’s this Landon?”

“I’m Jamie, Landon’s girlfriend. You must be Madison. Landon has told me little about you. Didn’t know that you were staying here,” says Jamie in her monotone, yet arrogant voice.

“Jamie, not now. We’ll talk tomorrow,” says Landon as Jamie leaves.

“Landon, mean to a girl? Ok what the heck has she done to you and I think you know better than to fall for a prissy blonde bimbo like that,” says Madison.

“Geez, can’t a guy mess up sometimes?” replies Landon.

“Sorry, I didn’t know you were seeing someone. Just didn’t want to get in the way of your relationship, that’s all,” says Madison.

“So much has happened since I last saw you. It’s hard to talk about it all over the phone or email. I guess the both of us have changed as a person,” Landon points out.

“Yeah, the both of us have. You should go see her, Jamie I mean. She came all the way down here to see you. You really didn’t have to blow her off for me,” says Madison.

Dear Diary,

Landon and I have grown up into two different people. I guess the one thing that we never talked about: love. I really don’t know what I’m doing down here. I’ve been at the San Jose practices and games everyday. Jimmy and Joe are hilarious, made me feel right at home with their humor, even though most of it was directed at Landon and me. Landon dumped Jamie; I have never seen Landon act like that, so rude, towards a girl. He’s always been good to me. Wonder what’s up. With me, I don’t know what I’m doing here. Landon has been a good friend, we went through a lot when we were kids, but that was when we were like six years old. It’s been amazing that we’ve been able to keep in touch. You know, I feel like sometimes, I know him inside and out and I feel he knows me the same way, but sometimes, I feel like we are total strangers. Sometimes, we’ll joke around, or we’ll play some soccer. Yes, I kicked the ball around with LD’s team. It’s too bad that school starts in seven weeks. I could really get use to it here, but I have my own life that I’m trying to build in Massachusetts.

--Madison

[Feedback] . [Chapter 3]