Today is

» FanFics



[Chapter 4]


"You're in my math class right?" Landon finally asked, breaking the long moment of silence that stood before them. He watched as Danika put away the soccer ball.

"Uh yeah…" She said shyly, trying hard not to sound stupid in front of him. She was wrong about him, he was a really nice guy and the day went by faster then she thought. She was always nervous around him because this was the guy that had all the power; she didn't want to look stupid in front of him.

"Hey Danika, you have been so shy in front of me. Do I send off a bad vibe or something?" Landon asked with a little laughter.

"Uh no, no, not at all I'm actually usually like this." She lied.

"I see… hey you're friends with Riley right?" Landon asked trying to change the subject.

"I wouldn't call it friendship but yeah I get to hear her 'oh my gosh Landon is so hot' statements." She said. She heard Landon sigh and then wondered if he didn't even like her at all.

"Don't tell me you don't like her, Landon. I mean every guy at Northbrook does, you'd be foolish if you didn't." Danika replied feeling sorry that she ever even started this conversation.

Landon swallowed the big lump in his throat that was forming. "I guess I am different then." He simply said. "I have to get going, I'll see you around… oh and thanks for your help." He thanked her sweetly as he made his way outside the gym, limping very heavily.

Danika sighed, "he probably thinks I'm such a loser now." She said to herself. She grabbed her backpack and ran out of the school. When she got home she didn't feel like doing any of her homework, there was no point, no point in school and no point in anything. Her older brother was home which was a first because he was never home.

"Hey sis, how did it go?" He asked while he made a sandwich.

"None of your business." She snapped at him.

"Chill, I'll never ask you again. You don't always have to be such a damn bitch to mom you know."

He began but he was interrupted by Danika's voice, "Shut the hell up Dan, what the hell do you know about being a good son anyway?" She yelled.

"Watch your mouth young lady!" Her mother yelled from the living room.

"Ugh that's it!" Danika screamed as she ran upstairs trying to escape from everything, including her family.

-- _ _ -- Next day at school -- _ _ --

"Come on Danika, I know he said something else!" Riley whined to Danika.

"Riley, he did not say anything about you, really… now if you don't mind I'm leaving. I will not hear about Landon every day of my life, okay?"

Riley rolled her eyes and left to go find Landon.

"She's so annoying!" Davina whispered to Danika who nodded her head in agreement.

"Maybe if she didn't dress the way she does, then maybe guys would appreciate her more..."

"Please Danika, we're in high school, that's what guys look at. They don't care how wonderful you are inside... all they see is what you look like. Why do you think Riley has a new ride to school every day?" Davina argued.

"Well, whatever, I'll see you later."

-- _ _ -- At school -- _ _ --

"You're improving once again Landon, what can I say?" Danika complimented Landon.

"Thanks, hey since we are done early… want to go grab some ice cream?" Landon asked as he brushed away his locks from his face. Danika froze, she didn't know what to say to him, and uncontrollably she screamed out a 'Yes.' She didn't want to so bad but something inside her also told her to go with him. They walked across the street to a small ice cream place, both quiet on the way there. They never had anything to say to each other. Danika was too shy and Landon was just too tired. Danika held her ice cream for a while and noticed that Landon was staring at her.

"Ice cream melts Danika." He laughed as he continued to enjoy his ice cream. Danika couldn't eat the ice cream, it was her worst enemy, she was fighting the battle to over come it. She slowly licked the ice cream and immediately began to feel disgusting. She threw the ice cream on the floor, "Oh no!" she cried as she ran out of store leaving Landon speechless.

[Feedback] . [Chapter 5]