Today is

» FanFics



Hidden Past

[Chapter 4]


A week later…

Lauren kicked off her shoes and crawled into bed at 3:30 in the afternoon. She closed her eyes and began to leaf through her pockets to empty them. She pulled out a bunch of little scrap papers and a napkin that said 'Scoreboard' on it and a number. 'Landon, cell and home.'

"Goodness, I totally forgot about this." She smiled to herself as she thought about the encounter they had there a week ago. She, without thinking, picked up the phone, but then realized what she was doing. Immediately she began to have pains in her stomach thinking about the past relationships that she had. No more guys, she thought and took the napkin and threw it in the wastebasket. Without even making it to her bed, she turned back around and stared at the wastebasket. Maybe he's different, she thought.

"No, no, no, they're all the same," she said out loud to herself.

Ringggg. Ringggg.

She flopped across the bed to answer the phone.

"Hello."

"Hello? Is that all you have to say? I haven't heard from you in a week. Have you called your prince?"

"Jen, he's not my prince and no I haven't called him. It's weird that you called because I was just contemplating whether to throw away the number or to call him."

"You already know my answer. As a matter of fact call him now and then call me back right after, okay?"

"I don't know. I don't think I'm ready for another relationship."

"How do you know this is going to be relationship? Just try going on a date first. I mean, Lauren, I know you have a tough history with guys but you've already started with a negative attitude and you haven't even gone on a date with him, just call him."

"I know you right," Lauren said quietly.

"Just call, Larn, please?"

"Okay, call you later. Bye."

"Bye sweetie and good luck."

Lauren walked back over to the wastebasket and dug out the napkin and made her way to the phone. She dialed each number perfectly and waited anxiously.

Ringgg. Ringgg Ringgg.

It ringed and ringed. When the answer machine picked Lauren immediately hung up. No one at home, thank goodness. She took a breath and dialed the cell phone.

Ringgg. Ringgg. Ringgg.

No one answering there either. Thank god, can't say I didn't try.

"Hello?" Damnit, caught.

"Hello?"

"Who's this?"

"Hi Landon, it's me Lauren."

"Hi! I've been waiting for your call. I wish I could have seen more of you when I was in L.A. I mean, I could have come down and seen you before I left, if you had let me."

"You don't even know me."

"I want to get to know you. You obviously called because you maybe felt the same."

"Maybe."

"So can I see you this weekend? I can drive down from San Jose this Friday."

"Alright. You can pick me up at 8pm from my house on Friday."

"Great, I'll call for directions later on this week. I have to get going now, but I can't wait to see you this weekend. "

"Okay, bye."

"Bye, bye."

[Feedback] . [Chapter 5]